Wildwood NJ Hotels
There are thousands of families that go a long ways to find beautiful free beaches to vacation at but for many residents of New Jersey the best spot is right in their backyard, Wildwood NJ. Unlike many beach communities Wildwood beaches are FREE and provide an enjoyable vacation time with activities for all ages. If you are looking for transportation take a look at a Party Bus NJ company
- Boardwalk with games and rides
- Wildwood Amusement Park
- Wildwood Waterpark
- Fantastic Food
- Wildwood beaches
Wildwood Crest NJ is part of The Wildwoods which is a group of communities in the Cape May County of NJ. It’s iconic beachfront hotel and motels circa the 1960’s is an incredible site to see driving down the main drag at night. This is one of the reasons it is so popular with NJ, New York, Pennsylvania and Canadian vacationers each year. Most of these hotels that were built during this Doo Wop era are very colorful and have incredible neon signs that light up the sky. Many of these hotels in Wildwood NJ are now landmarks and protected from being torn down and re-built. Some of the most popular hotels are the Caribbean Hotel, 5 Star Hotel and Harbour Hotel. Many people compare driving down the strip in a Trolley Rental NJ vehicle to old time Las Vegas to the Wildwoods. You can even rent a NYC LIMO
Once you and your family have made the trek down to Wildwood NJ and spent the night in one of their hotels you will be a customer for life. Many like the Jolly Roger Hotel in Wildwood are family owned and pride themselves on customer service. Are you looking for a down to earth hotel to relax and enjoy everything there is to be offered? This is the place. For more Wildwood or Party Bus NJ information click here.
Wildwood Doo Wop Hotels
The town of Wildwood, New Jersey has always been a very popular summer tourist destination for thousands and thousands. Some of the main reasons are the lovely beaches, entertaining boardwalk, amusement park rides, fantastic restaurants, and beautiful scenary keep families coming back year after year and always bringing more and more friends. Wildwood is a 7 mile long island that is based on values and attractions. You will probably want a Wildwood hotels near boardwalk the
When the Wildwood motels and hotels originally were built on the island it was during the 1950’s and 1960’s right after World War II. Because of the stunning architectural designs of the hotels Wildwood, New Jersey became more popular over the years.
The original motels and hotels in the Wildwood’s were built on lots where it was designed to laid out to house as many people as possible. It was designed with expansion in mind over the years to come. Many people considered Wildwood NJ the Las Vegas of the east coast with its neon lights on the main drag. When many students are done with their testing when they come down for a big party.
At most of the Wildwood NJ Hotels the check-in time is 2pm and the check-out time is 10am. However, many hotels are flexible with both their check-in and check-out time if the hotel is not full to capacity. So try to stay few extra hours on the Wildwood beach!
When planning your Wildwood vacation make sure to find the right accommodation by comparing prices and finding the best deals. However, do not be cheap! You will want to make a booking at a nice hotel, motel or inn that is located near the beach or beachfront. The best way to do this is to acquire a map of Wildwood. Next start by reading the reviews online and look for a motel, hotel or inn with at least one star rating. Next explore the Wildwood area it is situated in. The best way to get a deal on a Wildwood Hotel is to book online where the full prices are listed with no extra fees. You may have to call some of the Wildwood NJ Hotels to find their actual availability. If you are planning to have an extra guest in your room it may cost you unless you are booking one of the larger suites. At some hotels they will even throw in a free breakfast
Each of the hotels in Wildwood NJ were uniquely themed and had their own exotic look. You will also notice each has about 4 different styled rooms. You will also notice each Wildwood hotel has different amenities to offer. As you drove down Atlantic Ave as well as Ocean Ave, the one of a kind Wildwood neon signs had various shapes, colors, motion, which was used to attract visitors to their hotel each night. If you walk through any parking lot you would see a wide variety of license plates from all over the country including Canada.
The signs did not only hold the name of the hotels but allowed the tourists to understand the theme and design. Wildwood shore was uniquely named the “Doo-Wop” town by its residents and summer visitors.
Many places evolve over time like Las Vegas and knock down old hotels and build new bigger buildings. Hotels in Wildwood NJ are just the opposite. They understand that this old world charm is the reason tourists keep returning every year with their family to enjoy the sandy beaches. The Wildwoods Doo-Wop architecture has become a historical landmark and takes its inhabitants back to the 1950’s and 1960’s every time they come.
Once the older hotels in Wildwood NJ are sold they are torn down and huge hotels or condominiums are built in their places. The newer buildings look totally out of place considering the smaller yester year Doo-Wop motels surrounding them. The most common reason for the sale of the hotels is the costly bill of trying to fix them up to new standards. Most Wildwood Hotel owners are families and do not have the capital to invest or cannot afford to be closed for a season for repairs or re-building.
Many people only come to the Wildwood area because of the designs of the hotels and atmosphere it breeds. And even though you can still vacation and stay in many of the hotels in Wildwood many are not in as good of shape as the new ones being built.
Some of Wildwood, NJ original hotels and motels have already been demolished or sold but there are still a good percentage that are original and still have the nastalgia. The Doo-Wop preservation league has been slated to help preserve the memories and yester year and help keep the island as original as possible. Good luck to the mission and hopefully we do not wake up one day to the present day Las Vegas next to all of the stars and celebrities. If you get locked out of your hotel in Wildwood or NYC you should look into a qualified NYC Locksmith
Top 10 Obscure Facts about Wildwood NJ
1. Catering to families has always been a goal of the Wildwoods and Morey’s Pier is one of the top attractions in the city of Wildwood. It features roller coaster, games, Ferris Wheel and much more. If you are looking for a place the children can play all day at an affordable price this is it! You will not find a better beachfront pier to explore.
2. Every year many organizations have made Wildwood Crest their home for annual conventions including the New Jersey State Fireman’s Convention. If one of your appliances breaks down you may need
3. One obscure fact is that Wildwood was originally known as Holly Beach City before changing their name.
4. Although the tourism only encompasses the spring, summer and early fall months there are people who live year around and the high school athletic teams are known as the Wildwood Warriors.
5. For those looking for workout Wildwood NJ provides a long walking and biking boardwalk where you will see hundreds of people taking advantage of everyday. For those that need assistance moving up and down the boardwalk there is a famous tram car that runs the entire length without a track. This Wildwood tram was originally unveiled in the 1950’s.
6. Looking for religion? The Wildwood boardwalk also offers nightly religious services that are open to all faiths and travelers throughout the tourist season.
7. A famous Pop singer Bobby Rydell wrote and sang a song depicting the Wildwood and Cape May Days of summer which is based on the community.
8. Local residents in the Wildwood and Cape May area total close to 5,100 and when the offseason comes it is not uncommon for the town to have well over 210,000 occupants.
9. Bill Haley and His Comets performed what is thought to be the first Rock and Roll Concert in Wildwood with their hit song Rock Around the Clock which occurred on Memorial Day 1954.
10. One of the first Limo NJ companies was started right in the city. There were many different types of vehicles and limousines not to mention Party Bus Rentals. Atlantic City is near by and a huge draw of limo rental services.
11. Are you a Frisbee fan? Well the largest Ultimate Frisbee Competition is held on the beach in Wildwood NJ every year. Come out and support!
Wildwood Hotel Vacation Checklist
- Review your travel options
- how many adults and kids will be in a room
- what amenities do youwant nearby
- make sure you are centrally located
- Do you need a suite or regular room
- verify availabily, rates and fees for your Wildwood hotel
- know check-in as well as check-out times
- Check Price online.
- Find rating and how many stars the different Wildwood hotels have.
For Appliance Repair Houston visit our sponsor.
There are tens of thousands of families that go a long ways to find beautiful a Wildwood Hotel near the boardwalk that have free beaches. For most residents of New Jersey the best spot is right in their backyard, Wildwood Crest NJ with the Boardwalk near by.... Read more